See below few rules to follow in order to have your architectural work published on various online architecture magazines:
How to send the work
- Study each architecture magazine, website or blog to see what kind of stories they run and decide if your work is compatible with the architectural work they usually publish.
- Submit the material electronically.
- Prepare high-resolution professional photography, narrative, and contact information.
- Use file transfer services such as Dropbox or WeTransfer and include shared link into your email.
- Include images in the email in order to convince the publisher to download the big files.
- Most of the publishers accept only digital materials. If you send hard copies, don’t send original drawings.
Things to consider
- Note that some publishers (big ones) wont accept work if it was submitted to several publications simultaneously.
- Indicate in your email or description if the work is offered exclusively to the publisher. They are more likely to publish projects that are sent to them exclusively.
- If you send materials produced by PR firms you should know that some magazines won’t consider them because they are using their own authors.
- Your project description should be short and it should precisely indicate the reason you believe it should be published. Avoid a complicated description.
- It is important the work to be current or recently completed.
- Indicate the category where your work should be published such as News, Building Type, Products, Digital Practice, Awards, etc.
- If you have multiple projects you can send out a brief summary or a project list with visual materials for review.
- Don’t get disappointed if you don’t hear back from the publisher. You have to understand that a publisher doesn’t publish every submitted work. Usually/normally you are contacted if the work is accepted to be published.
- Make sure you are the owner of all intellectual property rights in that submission.
Few architecture websites where you can send your work:
Designboom is based in Milan, Beijing and New York and has gained a global reach of 4 million readers and 450.000 newsletter subscribers.
Dezeen is one of the world’s most popular and influential architecture and design magazines, and the winner of numerous awards for journalism and publishing.
Architectural Record is a monthly magazine that is dedicated to architecture and interior design (hard to get in). Throughout its 125 years in print, Architectural Record has fostered readership among architecture, engineering, and design professionals by featuring articles that showcase noteworthy architectural works throughout the global landscape.
ArchDaily reach more than 7 million readers every month. With channels in English, Spanish and Portuguese, Archdaily publishes more than 60 new projects published daily.
Contemporist accepts submissions for anything contemporary. The website mostly features architecture, interior design, furniture, lighting, home decor and art, but it can be anything, as long as it’s contemporary.
Architecture Beastis interested only in projects related to modern architecture and interior design. That includes buildings, skyscrapers, houses, apartments, offices, etc.
Present your reference projects with an office profile (for Architects, Interior Designers, Landscape Architects, Engineers, Lighting Designers and Architectural Photographers) or with a manufacturer profile (for manufacturers of construction and design products).
I Like Architecture
I Like Architecture is the ideal platform to distribute your project, reaching thousands of readers all over the world.